View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 12:47   #4836
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Did you miss the bit where it was announced on the late evening news? I should imagine the final decision was taken AFTER the early evening news. A post was made in this very thread timed as 9:22pm and taken from Sky News. It was also reported on the BBC News website.

No great deal of information required, just that those in specified areas should "KEEP AWAY FROM OTHERS(wherever they are, eg Wales)". Not that complicated.

How else do people suggest it should've been put in a simple manner, that can also cover all the bogus scenarios?
I was unaware it was on the late evening news, but to my knowledge it was release on twitter first. Why not make the announcement at 12pm today coming into effect from Saturday

A highly complex situation cannot be explained via simple statements to a satisfactory degree

That's like saying to those who handle nuclear waste 'just be careful with it and you'll be alright'

Finally, the ONSS & Chris Whitty have said we're reaching the limits of what we can do. But Boris is still going ahead with returning to the workplace and opening schools.

If the government tries to curb social activity to allow economic activity to increase the British public as a whole I suspect will not tolerate it.

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

[Press Conference]
Hi Folks,
Boris here,
We haven't got a clue.
[/Press Conference]