View Single Post
Old 27-05-2020, 15:43   #3
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: TV can no longer see media files on Synology after router change

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigwam12 View Post
Hi Team
Help please as this is driving me nuts
As discussed elsewhere on these forums I have put my Virgin Media SHUB into modem mode and put as Asus RT-AC87u behind it
Checked and all my kit as online access and I can access my CCTv via the app etc

What I spotted last night is my Panasonic TV can no longer see my home media server (inc Plex)
They very briefly flash up then it said no network server found.
I can access them just fine via the PS4 (all on the same network - heck the PS4 is on the same network switch as they TV)

I tried enabling multimedia sharing on my pc and saw that the TV can then see those files okay

I suspect it is one of those daft minor settings somewhere in the router I need to change but I can’t work out what

All the above devices are connected via Ethernet not WiFi

Any sage advice please?
My little one needs her daily dose of Disney movies I’ve stored on the Synology just for this - 1 click away via the TV
Try this App on your smartphone: https://www.fing.com/products/fing-app It will scan your home network (using your Wifi) and then you can see what devices are active. See if you can see your TV. If you can't, check your TV network connections and compare the (LAN) ip address displayed there with the one in Fing (if seen).

You can also see the devices (dynamically registered via DHCP) on your ASUS router admin console. As you are using ethernet for your TV, try and switch to Wifi and compare the results.