View Single Post
Old 13-06-2014, 23:04   #198
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My mobile phone. It got very wet yesterday and just turned itself off. I found a video on youtube of somebody disembling the phone to its component parts, to replace the touch screen so I could see how to get it apart. Especially having undone the six inviting screws and the thing staying firmly assembled.

I stripped it down and fortunately the water hadn't got onto the LCD or circuit board. I dried it out overnight and have just re-assembled it. Seems to be working fine now. I wonder if it has some kind of humidity sensing to get it to turn off in the presence of water.

It's not an expensive one, a Samsung Tocco Lite, but is a handy size and quite capable.
That's what Mrs Osem says to me...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote