Thread: 300M Upgraded speed???
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:46   #9
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Upgraded speed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty2K16 View Post
Actually, it states I am on VIVID 300 Optical Fibre but am hitting 400Mb/s download speeds during peak times too
I was on Homeworks 300 too, but my account page now says I am on Vivid 300. My config is the same Arty's. I generally get a download speed of 386Mb.

As for the upstream achieving 50Mb. Yes, it would be good. Perhaps when DOCSIS 3.1 and 4 bonded upstream channels are applied to the old architecture they may squeeze a bit more up speed out of the system. When I was on the speed trial in Coventry, some years ago, my config was for 30Mb upstream. I maxed at 28Mb.

All new VM areas are on FTTP, ready for new products. Large sections of south Coventry have just been completed, for example. Eventually the massive pull-through and box conversion job of upgrading cable areas to fibre will happen, but some of us will have a long wait.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote