View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 16:13   #843
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

I suspect the reason many people don't care, is simply because they don't know. Yes, there are many that would still probably shrug and move on if the issue was made clear, either because they either don't understand or don't care.

And even the creators may only be aware of how their show is marketed in their own country, again it's a case of them not knowing.

If the likes of Netflix and Amazon commission the show, I have no problem with the term Original, so long as it's not a joint commission. They have to be the sole commissioning party to use the term in my opinion. I wish they'd just use Exclusive.

I suppose part of the reason it is an issue for me is I'm currently working on multiple writing projects, and though many of them are intended to be books, I am looking at them from a TV/film adaptation standpoint as I go. And I know it would annoy me as the creator.