View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 19:08   #42
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Well we live in Sussex and as far as we're concerned he's not our Duke.
I’m passing-acquainted with my local (not royal, but hereditary) duke and I don’t consider him “mine” either ... neither does he consider himself ours. He gets a “your grace” when the local flower show opens but that’s just the tradition. On the years when he does the formal opening and gets a tub of chocolates as a thank-you he wanders round sharing them out afterwards.

The nobility is to all practical intent a relic in this country. With the single exception of the monarch and immediate family I don’t think anyone with a hereditary or life peerage would expect any formal recognition in any but the most formal of ceremonial circumstances.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote