Thread: General Virgin testing 2.2 Gbps
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2020, 21:03   #15
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin testing 2.2 Gbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Given the 1G limitation this is pointless.

Absolutely stupid to release a new hub where it's day 1 speed tier is higher than it can achieve to any device due to only having 1G ports. A single SFP+ cage would have had minimal costs.

I can't believe that there are many people who would pay for 2.2G broadband that wouldn't also want to use modem mode, so even the multi device argument is out the window.
It’s not a product. 2G won’t be offered for god knows when. It was an exercise to prove that 2G is capable on the HFC network to be rolled when ready.

I wouldn’t expect 2G to be available for a couple of years at least, probably more. More than enough time to for new hardware to rolled out.

Quote:
The Hub 4 definitely can't, even if you play the "multiple devices in router mode" angle as it doesn't have 10G worth of LAN interfaces total.
Of course it can’t, i don’t understand what you’re getting upset about. 10G when lands could be a decade away.