View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 00:36   #212
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

These two will likely combine at some point and as I said earlier in the thread, merge together with Malone's US companies.

Eventually an even bigger fish (Apple??) will come along and swallow the lot whole once Malone has done all the work of bringing various content and network companies together.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
....related to Liberty's purchase of UTV Ireland, I think Malone will now go ahead for a full takeover of ITV for one very good reason.....

The pound crashed and is still going down and its now a lot cheaper for Malone to purchase the rest of ITV.

Watch this space, I would expect this to happen "soon" ish...
This was from the first page of this thread and I've changed my mind on this now. If Malone was going to buy ITV, he would've done it by now. He's got much bigger fish to catch now, then again, he did get that ITV stake for a reason...perhaps I shouldn't rule out ITV getting bought, but as I said before, I reckon it would be somebody like Disney.

Last edited by Horizon; 12-12-2017 at 02:00.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote