View Single Post
Old 16-09-2019, 20:40   #50
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I sincerely doubt Boris’ statesman-like posture would be what you would be drawing attention to, had this evening’s news been full of images of him having to raise his voice to be heard over an anti-Brexit protest. . However ... what’s done is done.

What do you make of BoJo’s interview with Laura Kuenssberg? He has gone out of his way to repeat his explicit pledge to get the UK out on 31 October (i gave up counting after about the 8th mention of it in the transcript) while consistently refusing to be drawn on Kuenssberg’s chosen wording about ‘sneaking around’ the law. Do you think it’s hubris, or are you concerned that the Benn Act may not actually achieve what its supporters intended it to?
I haven’t seen the interview, however taking your points as with anything in law there’s probably competing opinions on it. Could be hubris for the People v Parliament election having Brexit “stolen” at the last minute is better for political optics. Either way, Boris gives the same message right now.

I’d not go as far as “concerned” personally. If we leave we leave.