View Single Post
Old 20-05-2019, 11:46   #9132
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So in your opinion, Sky has more resources available to it than Amazon? Think again. If Amazon want to do this, they can.
I never mentioned Amazon - I referred to DTC which to me means the Premier League themselves setting up a method of controlling all facets of coverage.

The risks of not getting enough subscribers is huge - I suspect the experience of Eleven Sports will have been a big warning to anyone thinking of doing so.

You seem obsessed with Amazon!

I am sure they have the funds to do it should they wish to, just don't see it happening in the next 5 years - my opinion as you have yours.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I remember you predicting that Netflix when it launched in the UK would obliterate Sky for the rights to the movie studios. How did that go ?

The Sports leagues are more likely to dip their toes in the water with OTT direct to consumer in territories they have smaller financial returns to see the viability before looking to launch elsewhere.
Totally agree with that - overseas money being the cream on the rather large home market cake
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote