View Single Post
Old 19-05-2019, 19:43   #9123
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Interesting to see how this is developing. The industry is gingerly tipping its toes into the streaming revolution. Still a little way to go yet, I suspect.

http://www.csimagazine.com/csi/Exper...OTT-sports.php

A panel including NBA and NFL Game Pass at SportsPro Live in London debated the future direction of sports streaming, expecting new digital players and more leagues going direct-to-consumer (DTC) to disrupt the landscape even further.

“If you think of OTT as a mature marketplace for entertainment, sports is not there yet but we see two phases on the horizon for the growth in OTT sports,” said Will Staeger of Endeavour Streaming. “We haven’t seen the big streamers like Netflix and Amazon fully step in. I think that phase is coming. How will that disrupt the market? I also think we will see more DTC services from the leagues, that moment is also coming,” Staeger said.
In America but not here as America is not like our sports rights market as all the top premier Sports content will be on Linear TV for many many years to come over here but you knew that anyway.