View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 23:09   #4583
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
My experience is different from that of Old Boy. Once a series link is set up (hardly difficult) and forgotten about it is refreshing to find episodes of a new series of something you enjoyed before has recorded even though you did not know it was on again (for instance, this week Ambulance). I find that relaxing and far less of a faff than ploughing through On Demand or Netflix.
It's not a difficult thing to do to set up a series link. But when you think about the process:

1. Identify the programme you want to record, probably from your TV magazines or the EPG.

2. Go to the EPG and record.

3. Ensure that you have enough room on your hard drive with all the recordings you are making for the following week.

4. View when you are ready and fast forward through the commercial breaks.

With on demand, the steps are:

1. Select the programme and watch it.

That is the point I am making, and those of us with busy lives really appreciate the ease of watching on demand.

The only issue really is the limited time you have to watch programmes on the players and Now TV.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
My experience is different from that of Old Boy. Once a series link is set up (hardly difficult) and forgotten about it is refreshing to find episodes of a new series of something you enjoyed before has recorded even though you did not know it was on again (for instance, this week Ambulance). I find that relaxing and far less of a faff than ploughing through On Demand or Netflix.
Obviously, you don't record much, at least in HD, or you would find yourself juggling recordings with the amount of space left on your hard drive!

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Have to agree, take control of what you watch (catch-up is useful if someone suggests a series is good and you have missed the 1st episode or so)

It's a once a week exercise for me, although it really pisses me off when they split the lunchtime premier league match into a build up and the match when I have already set the recording - but catch-up doesn't help one iota with sport.

Not paying for Netflix so cannot comment, on demand / catch-up is too time restrictive for me. I have been caught out a couple of times when downloading the first of a series only for it to disappear before I have watched it(on sky)
You really can't rely on catch-up as these programmes disappear after a week!