View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 18:29   #4580
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Agree with a lot of what you say, however why is there a need for streaming - set channels up, with ability to record 6 channels at any one time per V6 box you can watch linear channels when you want.

Agreed you cannot watch before the broadcast time (even if you can with streaming) but as I'm interested in sport you cannot watch it before it is played
It's simply that people are getting used to an alternative means of viewing. As people get used to watching TV via on demand, watching live streamed events will feel more natural with time. Look how the BBC i-Player has on demand and live streaming integrated. It's pretty seamless, which encourages viewers to use it.

I do a lot of recording, but to be honest, it's a bit of a faff planning what you want to record and setting up each programme or series, and then having to manage your recordings so you don't run out of space. So much easier just to go to your on demand service and pick out what you want as you are ready to watch. The main problem with on demand is the time limitations - I'd use on demand much more if those time limits were not there.