View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:55   #789
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Good news Sirius, but help me out here. In your top quote, when you still hated the fact that according to the opinions of some, and none from VM, they would still collect your browsing data, even after you opted out.....how is that different from Talk Talk?

Keep in mind also that both BT and Talk Talk have committed to trials which means installation of their equipment inside their network edge, that is why their logo's are on the Website page, VM have not, they are only looking at the proposal.

Or were you just agreeing that Talk Talk made it an opt-in service?

Couple of questions then.

Would you go to Talk Talk now that they have made this opted in?

Would you stay with VM if they also went opt in only?

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

And you can bet there are a raft of other ISP's waiting to add this to their system. Reminds me of Sky going to Google mail for its customers.....and the mess they made of that.
Just for those that CANNOT read what i stated.

I will stay with VM IF they can guarantee that my data does not get touched in any way by any of the equipment that they will install in there headends or pop sites. IF talk talk say that they can do that then VM should be able to do that again. I do NOT want my personal information to be subject to Deep Packet Investigation. To do that VM will have to install equipment. I do not give and will not give VM permission to do that. Should they do that i WILL disconnect all my services from them.

If i have to disconnect i will go to a company that has NO Phorm spyware equipment installed in the POP or exchange that they use. At the moment that will be Be Unlimited.

Now was that clear enough

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer