View Single Post
Old 27-10-2017, 21:36   #7549
Lozenge
Inactive

Lozenge is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
If you read one of the other connected articles, you will see sky raised the cost of sky sports (10 channels) to BT tv subscribers.

This is obviously BT getting there own back on sky subscribers.

Does it affect VM subscribers - possibly, but cannot go from nothing to £30pm and not expect a raft of cancellations.

BT, Sky and Virgin seem to have missed the fact that people's disposable income has been reducing over the past few years.

Whilst, sky have lost a number of sports rights (mostly to BT) they have kept increasing the cost of what is left above the cost of inflation.

This blueprint is not sustainable - eventually customers will say enough is enough and cancel!
I think BT viewers wouldn't be too unhappy with the price if thats what they got (bit in bold). But rather hilariously they get just 1 and half channels of Sky Sports (Main Event and Extra a channel just for BT viewers that shows the Premier League games that aren't on Main Event due to other events being shown). I assume this is just enough to keep Ofcom happy.

Ps I don't really have a problem with Sky doing this as I suspect BT would do something similar if they were in Skys position. Remember BT challenged Skys position and then refused to share their channels.

Last edited by Lozenge; 27-10-2017 at 21:41.
Lozenge is offline   Reply With Quote