View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 14:58   #1
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Freeview problem

my next door neighbour has an annoying issue with 1 tv and freeviw

he has an aerial, (not sure if roof or loft!) the cable goes to a splitter upstairs, goes tv a freeview box, into a vcr via scart, into an old crt tv via rf. all channels fine.

downstairs the lead goes into a panasonic freeview dvd recorder/vcr, connected via scart to an old crt tv. until recently all channels fine, but a little while ago some channels vanished (yesterday, itv 4 i think sand something else), and today, BBC1 and BBC2 picture is excellent, other channels can't be found, ch4 keeps breaking up.

we've retuned several times, have tried a freeview box connected to that tv, same make and model as upstairs one, but not the same physical box, and has same problem as going through the panasonic. tried the freeview straight into back of tv with no improvement.

so I'm a bit confused, that it doesn't seem to be the cabling through the house, as the BBC channels have good quality picture, but ITV ch4 etc don't. But at same time it's odd the upstairs tv is fine.

He is 100% sure that both TVs will definitely be running from same aerial.

I'm going to dig out an old internal aerial I have to see if that makes any difference.

any ideas? thanks in advance
admars is offline   Reply With Quote