View Single Post
Old 30-12-2019, 16:05   #7090
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That’s entirely speculative given their debt. You are at the front of the queue to tell us how there will be a plethora of streamers, or for ease I’ll call them “Netflix alternatives” ready to join the market.

Only if the consumer judges the content to be sufficiently attractive will they be the market leader. Can they do that and service their debt against all this competition? A massive question mark that many hold.
Er, they are the market leader. And even Disney, popular as they are, will have some considerable way to catch up before they pose the slightest threat to the dominance of Netflix.

Netflix is the streamer of choice for most, and it is you who is speculating because without adequate justification, you are predicting their demise.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote:

I’m going to straight bat your straw man here and not play the ball.
Ergo, you don't want to answer the question!

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Quote:

Here we go folks. Business can succeed on imagination alone. Forget everything you know about competition, costs, revenues, profits, just imagine success and it’ll happen!

I’ll categorically say Netflix as it stands now won’t exist in 2035 without being acquired by a major content provider or merging with one. Everyone expects the market to consolidate and Netflix has nothing unique except for its debt.
Rupert Murdoch had the vision to ensure that his Sky project worked. A common feature of a successful entrepreneur is that they have vision.

Wishful thinking does not come into it, and once again, jfman, you are deliberately trying to twist my comments to mean something else.

There are different strategies Netflix could employ if it needed more income streams. Examples include carriage deals for selected shows to other content providers, additional pay-per view options, and even of course an advertisement funded option (although up until now, the CEO has ruled that out). The problem with your forecasts is that they are based on straight line projections and no interventions to change course or innovate.

We will see whose prediction comes true in 2035, but I suspect you will have scarpered from these forums long before then!