View Single Post
Old 30-12-2019, 10:31   #7084
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
That's it though, the "N" logo realy only means Netflix is the UK distributer and nothing else.

It doesn't really matter though, the rise of streamers over the next couple of years will be a bit of a turmoil as each find their niche.

In truth I think it will take 10 yrs until things settle down and expect to see different companies ie Disney+ and WB merging their content.
It can mean distributor only, but they use the same logo on the stuff they’ve actually commissioned themselves. The Crown, Witcher and Lost In Space are all Netflix commissions (even though LIS was in independent development before Netflix picked it up).

I agree we’re in for a few years of turmoil and I don’t think the emerging model of individual studios selling their content direct to consumers is sustainable. What’s emerging is a whole pile of premium services that will be too expensive for most people to take all of them.

Last edited by Chris; 30-12-2019 at 10:48.