View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 14:31   #22
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: Faster upload speeds. aka. full 10% on all packages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobna View Post
i've had vodafone's fttp for about a year now, in huddersfield on their 200mb/200mb package, while the price is good, the service is good but the router supplied and customer service, well if i'd of only known then...
i moved to another street in the same area and they completely messed up my account billing somehow, it took almost 3 months to sort out, when you call for an issue about the broadband their clueless because you have a fttp product and they go through steps for a adsl line ie. checking your filters or phone cable etc..
the router is probably one of the worse i've ever used, 5ghz devices sometimes don't see the router even if next to it, options to change settings are very basic and often reset to default after a while.... and the kicker is i've still yet to find a suitable replacement which will work with the service.... ones available are quite pricy and at the min out of my price range..
but i still use the service as it's the best for my and that of my family's needs, 4 kids who use the bandwidth like tap water lol
i would however recommend it as i've not really had any service issues and never had a dropped connection and boy is it fast both ways, currently getting about 218MB down and 210MB up

I mean, the SH3 is kind of renowned for being crap, the SH4 is still puma chipset, and at least with CF you can use your own router properly rather than still being stuck with the SH as a modem.

But there will be more than Vodafone on CityFibre as it gets wider, Zen have already announced pricing etc for CityFibre based services here in Ipswich, which is way lower than VM (who aren't really comparable with 35m up).

And as for customer services, I think if anyone could be worse at that than VM I'd consider it an achievement.

Almost 1 year waiting for my simple customer services complaint to be dealt with now.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote