View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 13:24   #21
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Tinder Man Aged 69, wants to legally change his age to 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's like saying just because one or two people on CF are rude, aggressive, and continually cause trouble, everyone on CF must be the same.

Outliers and extremists in any area shouldn't be used to decry or minimalise the challenges that others undergo, just because it doesn't fit in our "world picture" and we find it difficult to empathise/understand what they are going through, doesn't make it any less challenging for them.

It's like being back in the 20th Century, when homosexuality was seen as a psychological abberation that needed to be cured, and people were imprisoned or given mind-numbing drugs to "make it go away", or when women were expected to stay at home and basically be second class citizens, subservient to their husbands or fathers.

Hopefully, most of us are more enlightened now.
I'm not saying that at all! At no point did I minimise challenges some people undergo and nor have I said that all people who do this or that are the same.

All I'm saying is that we must protect free speech be permitted to say what we think. If the language turns to threats of violence, then that should trigger a police response.

The diversity/equality legislation is poorly thought out and wrong, because it protects some sections of society and not others. Legislation and protections should be applied to everyone.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote