Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2021, 20:17   #234
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
But slagging off somebody at CS who has been poor or abusive may be slagging off somebody with a disability - like yourself. Some people are finding it hard to cope mentally at this time.

Its seems ok to slag off people without knowing if they have a 'disability' - but can not be slagged off yourself due to a 'disablility'.

I often find that when speaking to somebody at CS/TS who is not helpful or is stuck to a script - it is often easier to hangup and start again.

So how come it would be wrong to employ a white person in an Asian restaurant? That sound racist!

This is off topic really so shouldn't go any further here.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Many channels do not release 14 days ahead - like ITV and BBC.

As this was an issue from the 1st of the month and was more than 10 days - perhaps it was the channel. But the guide data current is sometimes poor quality from the supplier - I agree.
In the situation you describe, Virgin Media would be ill advised to put such people onto frontline services as it would undoubtedly tarnish their reputation even more. Legally, disability discrimination cannot take place if it's not known that the person in question is disabled.

The law also contains provision that specific races can be employed in order to maintain an authentic customer experience eg in an Indian restaurant.

I see what you mean about the advance EPG & channels not releasing their schedules in advance. It seems odd though that there would be a gap in the middle of their released schedule. Channel 5 isn't showing any information from next Saturday on my box btw.