Thread: Sky Hd
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2006, 16:25   #4
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Sky Hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil

If you haven;t seen a proper HD film/broadcast then you don't know what you're missing.
I have to admit, the first time I saw HDTV (a couple of years ago), I was not too impressed. Admittedly, the fact it was Robbie Williams in concert probably didn't help. but the image just wasn't as sharp as I expected. It was good, and much better than Standard Definition.

BTW, it *should* have been excellent quality, I was watching it at the Broadcast show, and was on a stand upon which Sony were trying to demonstrate (and sell) High Definition cameras and editing equipment.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk4u
if your HD TV is freeview included how does that work with SKY?
It doesn't, it's totally seperate & won't receive an HD Freeview transmission.'
And, I don't think HD Freeview will be around for a good few years. Last I heard, the BBC were saying they may need to wait until the Analogue transmissions are switched off.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote