View Single Post
Old 13-09-2005, 22:10   #27
DarronK
Inactive

DarronK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Belkin Wireless Router and NTL... keeps losing Internet...

As Levig said, you can still use P2P software and IM programs, as well as pinging IP addresses. Also you dont lose any network functionality, so the logical conslusion is that it is a DNS issue, as the DNS handles converting Domain Names to the hosting servers IP address.

Could it possibly be that in some way the router is failing to update the DNS settings for wireless users only? Or maybe this does also affect wired PC's as well? Next time it happens, i'll check the wired PC and let you know. I'm going off the assumption that the wired PC is not being affected, as it's the family computer, and seen as i'm the tech guy of the family, I'd sure as hell get complaints about it not working.

It would be interesting to know if people with the same router are experiencing the same problems with different ISP's.

Levig. Is there anyway that I could reflash the bios on the router to the same version i've already got? I'm just thinking that it could maybe be a faulty bios installation, or the bios has somehow been corrupted.
DarronK is offline   Reply With Quote