View Single Post
Old 22-09-2003, 09:09   #3
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by sniper
anyone see the game? i think arsene wenger needs to teach his men not to be as aggressive, what they did to van was damn right out of order.
I don't thing Arsene Wenger will be doing that. After all he has basically said that you can't expect his players to shake hands after the game. And hes blamed Rudd for it all.

Here is a nice picture of Arsenal expressing their dismay at one of their players getting sent off, which Arsene seems to think is perfectly fine.

Anyway if Arsenal do get punished, it will just be that nasty FA picking on poor old Arsenal again.

Quote:
The ref got it wrong because of the reaction of van Nistelrooy
Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira
Patrick, Patrick. Maybe you should go on a refresher course on the rules of Football. There only has to be intent, you don't have the make contact to be sent off. You raised your foot, you were wrong, deal with it.

Yes I'll admit, RVN's was a bad tackle on Viera, and he could have even gone for it. But for everyone to call Rudd a cheat is ridiculous. Yes Rudd reacted, maybe he reacted on purpose, maybe it was instintive, we don't know. The fact is that if Vieira hadn't raised his foot then there would have been nothing for Rudd to react to. Rudd would have got his yellow card, Arsenal a free kick and Vieira would still be on the pitch.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote