View Single Post
Old 22-08-2005, 15:40   #89
xcdtowg
Inactive

xcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to behold
Re: A-Level Results!

I think you would need a certain background to go to Oxbridge, hehe, I certainly wouldn't fit in. One of Plonkings friends went to Oxford and I dunno, I always feel I have to behave myself around him, no rude comments and things, don't think I could cope with that. Plus getting A's isn't everything. I only needed DDD to get onto my course, and some courses require even less. Some people may completely mess up there A levels but get a course in clearing and go on to do pretty well. I know someone who flunked completely at A level got onto a course at uni and left with a resonably good grade. Not everyone can be a smartarse

EDIT-also i think halc is saying that just if you dont do as well as you wanted, if you try again etc or try a different route, you may get where you want. Not everyone wants to become PM or something, most of the real people in the world, have much more modest goals.
xcdtowg is offline   Reply With Quote