View Single Post
Old 22-08-2005, 15:32   #85
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: A-Level Results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
I think maybe Halycon was referring to getting somewhere in life without grades (which you can), as opposed to getting somewhere geographically...
I didn't mean Oxford geographically, I meant a place to study something at the University.

OK, technically Oxbridge admit on the basis of their own entrance exams and interviews but you know what I was driving at. There are certain things in life that you can't do unless you achieve the appropriate grade in some exam or other. It is simply untrue to state "If you are determined to get somewhere you will get there with or without the grades." It might make someone who just failed their A levels feel a bit better about themselves, but much of the discussion in this thread has been about the need to call it as it is, rather than allowing people to think there's no such thing as failure.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote