View Single Post
Old 12-05-2024, 10:50   #8078
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Being B12 deficient. Jabs every 12 weeks, but week 9-12 are so hard going with extreme fatigue. I've got 3 days to go till my next jab and seems like I'm now counting down the minutes as it's that bad.

Being deaf is hard enough. But when you have to ask someone to repeat themselves once or twice (mainly twice), they'll say something like 'Oh it doesn't matter' or 'never mind' really makes me want to rip their faces off.

Lastly, are hospitals (and not just hospitals) now using VoIP phones, as my last consultation over the phone, I think I managed to understand about half of what was said as the quality was so bad. This should not be allowed to happen.

Ranting over...
Share all 3 moans. <<hugs>>

I was having problems with my 12 weekly B12 jabs and resorted to buying B12 SL spray which didn't work as well as the jabs but I wasn't quite as tired. Last year when my GP who administers the jabs, yet again, refused to even consider reducing the frequency I managed to convince my Consultant that my already limited quality of life was being made worse. I now have 9 weekly jabs and the difference they have made to my energy levels was well worth all the badgering I had to do. Just wish I had gone to him sooner.

My husband is officially classed as deaf and lip reads but wears hearing aids to boost what little hearing he has. Despite asking that people face him he struggles to follow conversations when we are in a group or when someone looks away. When he has to ask people to repeat what they have said they turn to me and treat him as though he is thick grrrrrrr. Bad enough when it's people who don't know him but when it's a GP !!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness that people who know him well have no problem and that he has a sense of humour.

As for phones, I haven't noticed any problem with VoIP calls but why won't people use our land line. The GP and Hospitals are increasingly doing phone reviews and they all have clear instructions only to use our mobile in emergency situations unless it's about me but ignore the request. John cannot hear a mobile phone conversation, hates even the idea of having to use one to even text, so he doesn't have one. (entrenched 80 year old technophobe mode ) Our landline has amplified sound and a flashing light that alerts him to incoming calls.