View Single Post
Old 19-01-2024, 18:58   #7984
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Where do I start.

As you may know I'm my dad's full-time carer, on Monday he go out of bed to use the commode, and as I got into bed he had bad diarrhoea, and I put him on the commode to clean him, but he then wanted to get back in to bed, but had no strength in his legs, and said he would flop on to the bed.

That was a disaster, so now he's kneeling on the floor, and can't move. I pressed the emergency button and someone was coming to help, I also called mt sister who came over. The guy tried and couldn't get him back into bed, so a lift team was send for, but this took 2 hours and my dad had to lie on the floor. The lift team managed to get him back to bed. He was put on a virtual ward.

On Tuesday I popped to my charity while my sister sat with our dad, my sister called me home so i left, we got a call from the VW and they wanted to admit our dad, but the ambulance crew did their test and said his states are OK, and my dad didn't want to go into hospital.

So in the end he stayed at home a 2 carers 4 times a day was arranged.

Now he's on a pill "Metformin" which can cause diarrhoea. which is being looked in to.

He's currently bed bound, so I'm having to learn the best way to change the bed sheet on my own.

On another note, I found out my 96 year old neighbour died just after Christmas, his funeral was today and packed, its possible a former England manager was their as their late bother was a friend of the family.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote