View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 17:32   #86
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
As previously stated, it's no longer a Bill, it's now an Act of Parliament.

The first ever case of online rape inside a virtual reality video game has been referred to police for investigation.

The avatar of a little girl was sexually assaulted by a group of characters. Detectives believe that she was believed to have been wearing a headset and suffered the same psychological trauma as someone who had been raped in the realworld.

Sexual offending of both adults & children in virtual environments has become rife and cannot be allowed to continue.
So let me get this right.

A person partaking in a VR video game started getting raped (virtually) and carried on with the game instead of shutting it down (if not earlier)? I would think that person had a psychological problem to begin with.

What has happened to common sense in this world? Why does no-one accept the consequences of their own actions?

I think I've found the evidence that Richard has based his post upon.

Quote:
In Horizon Worlds, Personal Boundary is default on at almost four foot for non-friends to make it easier to avoid unwanted interactions. We don’t recommend turning off the safety feature with people you do not know. We want everyone using our products to have a good experience and easily find the tools that can help in situations like these, so we can investigate and take action.
Quote:
About an hour into using the platform, a SumOfUs researcher was led into a private room at a party where she was raped by a user who kept telling her to turn around so he could do it from behind while users outside the window could see – all while another user in the room watched and passed around a vodka bottle
Quote:
The SumOfUs researcher noted how quickly she encountered sexual assault on the platform after another user encouraged her to disable the personal boundaries setting.
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/r...-b2090491.html

Last edited by pip08456; 02-01-2024 at 17:50.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote