View Single Post
Old 21-12-2023, 15:58   #452
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67782869

As already mentioned by MB in the coming soon thread, Warner and Paramount are in merger talks.

As I said in the earlier posts in this thread and this thread:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...ht=john+malone

John Malone (ultimate owner of VM, Discovery (as it was) and now Warner Discovery) is looking for the last big deal.

As I used to say on this site, old media is dead in the water. Rupert Murdoch knew this and sold out, the signs outside the Hollywood companies in the future will read: Amazon, Apple, Google, Netflix and possibly one other like Sony.

If this merger happens, it won't stop there, I would then expect the merged entity to be gobbled up by someone like Microsoft. John Malone can then put his slippers on and enjoy his retirement. Oh wait, there's all the cablecos and mobile to deal with first...

Still plenty more companies to load up with debt.
I feel WBD/Paramount may need to sell Warner's or Paramount Kids channels to get the deal pass.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote