View Single Post
Old 28-11-2023, 10:50   #5677
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You're again conveniently overlooking all the extra ongoing costs and missed inward opportunities like Tesla going to Germany and not the UK. It's great that Stellantis and Nissan have remained in the UK but to grow we need new investment not new red tape. "Three years on from Brexit and the impact to retailers and consumers has been relatively limited. However, in many ways, the most difficult bit is yet to come, says British Retail Consortium’s Andrew Opie."

That difficult bit is more red tape further denting the UK's Brexit-induced declining productivity.
The bit I've highlighted' is a caution we must heed. That's why I call for a useful government that will deal with red tape, encourage investment etc. There is no 'Brexit induced decline in productivity'. The Tesla thing is a red herring; who's to say the investment would have come here had we remained in the EU?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote