View Single Post
Old 26-11-2023, 19:22   #755
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think i"d still put up my satellite dish as a fall back if I were in your position.

I have to use the Internet when Virgin TV goes down and, whilst it is do-able, I find it to be a right faff.
It isn’t as quick as flipping channels but if you have a TV that handles apps well it is perfectly functional once you get used to it. We have a BT Halo internet connection so if the fibre goes down the 4G backup cuts in automatically. To the best of my knowledge that has never happened, although the fibre modem router and the 4G receiver are hiding under the stairs so I’d probably take a while to notice.

We have never really been multi-channel TV fans in our house and find everything we need on the main public service broadcasters, whose apps all give easy access to their broadcast stream, and the main streaming services.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote