View Single Post
Old 17-11-2023, 07:55   #7848
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Yeah I know, 1st world problems.

I go to the gym for 4.30am. Why? I don’t like people very much. Outside of my kids, my OH and one or two family I don’t really get along with humans and I like it that way.

The gym is my sanctuary. It got me through my dark cloud days and I still go to stave off the inevitability of them returning and have been doing so for 6/7 years. And one thing I can’t stand is queuing for a machine or piece of equipment when some chav or group of chavs are texting, scrolling through FB etc in between their sets. “Either shit or get off the toilet” is one of my mottos.

Now I can’t expect them to not use the equipment, they pay membership as I do.

My previous gym was about 10 miles away which made being there for 4.30 tough but I’d get my peace and quiet to lift but a new PureGym has opened in my town so signed up for that which meant the alarm could be set for 4am instead of 3.30am.

But each time I’ve been there (this morning included) there’s already 8 or 9 people there. Granted they don’t really get in my way much as yet and whereas getting up so early becomes more tough as I get older I’m not going to go there any earlier.

My only hope is most of them are the usual “I’ll sign up with the new gym!!!” then after 2 or 3 weeks when they realise they have to put the work in to get results, they slowly drift away (this is a no-contract gym).

Yes there are people out there with ‘real’ troubles in the world but hell that’s my moan for today.

So far.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote