View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 14:58   #25
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
So I opened the Amazon site on my PC, searched "Freevee", and up popped a list of films I would really watch. But not on my PC. So I'll have to get a USB stick for the living room TV.

At first look, none of the films were available to me during the Prime trial.

You can stream content on Amazon Freevee using the Freevee app on the following devices:

Fire TV
Android TV devices
Google TV
Apple TV (4th & 5th Generation)
Android mobile devices
iOS devices (such as iPhones and iPads)
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5
Fire tablets

The cheapest is £35, but it costs another £35 for a remote control. ???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/fire-tv-sti...ps%2C84&sr=1-1
The stand-alone Freevee app isn't available on most platforms in the UK but Freevee content is usually available on the Prime Video app.

Just scroll down to the "free with ads" section for Freevee on demand content.

Some Prime Video apps also have the Freevee FAST channels, if available they will be in the "Live TV" section (e.g. on Roku devices).

Beware though, the "Live TV" section also contains Prime Video premium channel packages, so only select channels in the Freevee sub-section (if available).

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except the FAST channels are very different from ‘normal’ channels. You only have to try watching them to see that.
Except they aren't very different. Of the thousands of FAST channels available globally, many are copies of or replacements of traditional linear channels.

Many genres, e.g. News, Current Affairs, Music Videos, Kids content etc are ideally suited to the format.

Drama / Procedurals / Reality content is generally available for binge watching, which might not suit everyone but traditional linear channels have been doing the same thing for years.

Last edited by epsilon; 11-11-2023 at 15:46.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote