View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 22:35   #154
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Hamas terrorists invade Israel, kill civilians and take hostages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Is Egypt committing war crimes by refusing to allow such things to get into Gaza via its southern border?

It’s odd, don’t you think, that the description of Gaza as a sealed-off prison camp is so often repeated uncritically, as if Israel is in entire control of Gaza’s borders. It isn’t, and never has been.
Not quite accurate. Do you think that Israel would allow Egypt to send shipments into Gaza without it checking them first? From what I understand, the passage of people and goods is strictly controlled under a blockade of Gaza enforced by Egypt and Israel.

Just to reinforce this point:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...ossing-bombed/

Quote:
Following the IAF’s afternoon strike at the Rafah crossing, the only active land crossing out of Gaza with the border to Israel sealed, Egyptian trucks that were on the way to the Strip with fuel and goods are forced to turn back.

The bombing came in spite of the fact that an Israeli military official this morning advised Palestinians to leave the Gaza Strip for Egypt through Rafah amid the ongoing war with the Hamas terror group. The IDF has since walked back that statement.

Channel 12 claims the crossing was hit to prevent Egypt from providing a lifeline to the besieged Strip.

The IDF has said it hit an underground tunnel for smuggling weapons and equipment in the Rafah area, on the Egypt-Gaza border, but did not confirm or deny hitting the crossing itself.

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip yesterday, including stopping the supply of electricity, food and fuel.
This was from the Times Of Israel, BTW ...

... and yes, Gaza is a sealed-off prison camp

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Yet we always refer to Israel as an homogenous block, giving tacit support to all Israel government actions, and I’m not sure that’s 100% correct.
I am not sure who does this to be fair. There are many Israelis who march and condemn the Ultra-Zionist policies in the West Bank but you have to accept, come election time, the Israeli people do elect, time after time, Governments who contain extreme right wing, religious parties who drive the anti-Arab agenda.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Hamas deserve to be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Innocent Palestinians do not, but I don’t see how Israel can effectively deal with it.

Sending troops into Gaza would be disastrous, no effective military operation could undertaken in there.

I don’t think there should be any further air strikes.

Israel have made their point and they could flatten Gaza. I think they should focus now on improving their security.

They know who Hamas is they should put all efforts into bringing them to justice or killing them.

I don’t think Israelis want dead Palestinians in retribution, they want dead Hamas.
Agreed on points 1 through 5. They have the technology to track and take out Hamas leaders when they surface. Precision strikes are the way forward here.

I would disagree with you last point. If the IDF wanted to kill a Hamas cell or leader holed up in a building, they are content to accept the collateral civilian causalities. This is where they are making a serious error of judgment, not least committing possible war crimes. Not that it will upset the watching world, rather it is baking in the next Hamas or whoever replaces them, atrocity. These children are watching their family and friends being killed before their eyes. They will not forgive and will be the pawns for the next psycho Islamist killer group that emerges from the ashes & rubble.