View Single Post
Old 30-09-2023, 13:48   #920
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I said independent professional journalists. They can be right-wing journalists like Andrew Neill but they need to be independent by not being an MP nor holding a position of power in a political party.

I'm not sure that because GB News oversteps the boundaries quite a lot (qv Fox and Wootton recently) and therefore attracts complaints, we have to compensate for that incompetence by allowing politicians of one party to interview one another to provide a level playing field of judicial fairness.

Well, you didn’t. You said ‘an independent media’ - different things. What you also didn’t say was ‘…an independent media (as in not the BBC) …’ .

But you were clearly pointing at journalists, so I understand your point, at least in respect of Fox. But if the lefties would have their way, there’d be no voice for, e.e. Farage. That’s not democratic.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote