View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 09:49   #1980
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
On that, I acknowledge that linear channels may still be available on IP, and it’s certainly an option the broadcasters can take. My argument has been that they are unlikely to take that option by choice because it’s more trouble than it’s worth, but obviously if the government or the regulator says they must provide linear, they will have to comply.
Have you seen Peacock in the USA? 40 odd linear channels to complement it’s streaming offering. You’ve never had any supporting evidence for your assertion that there’s some meaningful unknown cost of maintaining a linear presence.

No Government or regulatory requirement needed.

Even then you are asking us to believe the soon to be former Government, OFCOM and the mobile networks are hatching a plan to switch off television as we know it in a mere 12 years and nobody will publicly admit it?

That’s faking the moon landings stuff.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Look, Hugh, I remember reading it somewhere, but yes, it was the Opposition, not the government that put it forward.

And incidentally, if the overwhelming number of posts in your current affairs section prove to be correct and Labour win the next election, they will be the government, won’t they?

And by the way, if the existing government wasn’t reassured about the electricity supply issue, why would it be pressing ahead with broadcast by IP?

I’m not doubting the power requirements Chris has alluded to, but the government don’t seem bothered, do they?

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Pathetic.
I didn’t think you could have less credibility but holding up a Corbyn manifesto commitment up 4 years after he lost the election and was replaced is quite an accomplishment.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote