Thread: General TV360
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2023, 07:44   #26
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: TV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Well, it's the way Virgin seems to be heading.

When the V6 is eventually retired in favour of the 360 I will be cancelling the TV side, even if I am unable to dump their broadband offering.

Most PVR's seem to fail due to the HDD used for recording.. Maybe it's being done to make the boxes last longer??
Think you hit the nail on the head with advertising. Easier to inflict with streamed programmes. Also BB isn't infallible as VM have proved over the last few weeks, so no streaming then. Recorded programmes are more reliable and give more control to the viewer Streamed stuff, to me, the PQ a lot of the time isn't as good.

Upgrade for VMs profits to knock these cheaper boxes out too, not for the customer. A flashy epg and a remote you can talk to are just gimmicks, plus the latter might get you locked up !
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote