View Single Post
Old 23-02-2023, 15:17   #11176
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
A Comcast/WBD combination would be interesting for the UK sports market. Would the CMA allow Sky's 11 channels, and TNT's seven, under common ownership? My answer is: probably not.
Don't see in it number of channels, as the primary "broadcast" method of these companies are their streaming services now, but see it in how big of a share of the sports market would the combination have, especially on specific sports like football.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
My honest thought is that Comcast themselves are probably only interested in the prominent creative assets such as the studio, the library, DC, Potter and HBO… think they’d be happy to let a lot of the tv assets go as I’m not sure how additive they are for them.
Any Sky/WBD merger, would in itself only be a stepping stone until one of the Big Tech gobbles them up, in the same way that its believed that Apple will bid for Disney in the next two years.