Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2023, 10:18   #2387
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Exactly.

People are accepting it because:

- Populism There's still a spill-over of populism. "If the NHS was more efficient with its money then there would be no problems." "We need more nurses and fewer admin staff. Once that's done, it will improve."
The we-can-have-our-cake-and-eat-it belief.

- Taxation People don't want to pay higher taxes in order to get a better service. More so with other costs rising. Apart from higher borrowing, that's what they will have to do. If you've got good private healthcare, you may be happier with the lower tax, lower NHS service trade-off.

- Party loyalty. Party loyalists will obviously defend their Party in almost all circumstances with an anecdotal, approach. "X party couldn't do any better." "Everyone's been complaining about the state of the NHS ever since I was a toddler."
Also, "is there a better way of funding/delivering healthcare free of charge at the point of need".

I don’t mean the farrago of nonsense that is the US Healthcare profit monster, I mean something like the French, German, or Australian models - we need to go back to basics and redesign the system and processes to ensure adequate funding and services.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote