View Single Post
Old 31-08-2022, 19:15   #4471
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'd rather not fall out with the EU, but we can't put up with being pushed around either. We've been trying for some time to get an agreement to get the protocol working as it should and we've had nothing but obstruction. It is hurting the Northern Ireland economy, its businesses and even preventing Stormont from sitting.

We cannot go on like this, and in the absence of co-operation we have to do what is best for us. Our proposals do not affect the EU's ability to prevent the wrong goods getting in. They are simply being obstinate.

---------- Post added at 07:42 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

I didn't say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What I am saying is that we should do what is best for Britain.

And while the NI economy may have improved, that is despite the EU intransigence and the unnecessary bureaucracy they have imposed. Without that, they would do even better.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Yes, but what do you think we have been doing all this time? The EU just put up barriers and stick their fingers in their ears.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Some people didn't realise how childish and awkward the EU would be because they were classed as our 'friends'.

Had both sides co-operated with each other, the DUP would not have got the hump, would they?
Good luck getting treated in A&E for the whiplash caused by that complete change of direction…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 31-08-2022 at 19:21.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote