Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2022, 10:46   #146
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That statement reminds me of almost exactly the same arguments being used against the decriminalisation of homosexuality and when marriage equality was first proposed…

Oh dear - there you go conflating the freedom of gender choice available to people with the free-for-all brought about by the artificial pronouns question. It gets totally ridiculous to get caught up in ambiguous meanings through the equally total violation of grammatical rules.

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
People may have had positive or negative views on same sex marriage but the difference is no one changed their own actions based on that. It didn't lead to twits putting pronouns in their social media profiles or shops and police cars virtue signalling with rainbows and similar stuff which is everywhere these days.

Much as I find this rainbow stuff irritating because of the virtue signalling, I’d point out that the Ukranian flag falls into a similar category of showing sympathy with a cause - though I’d not see that case as virtue signalling. Thete’s no grammar in a coloured flag!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote