Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 13:28   #48
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Ultimately critical gender theory is just another theory of self. Freud had a stab at producing one and his was wildly influential in its time, but it’s almost entirely discredited today. This too shall pass - either that or our grandchildren will be so hung up on what they are that they forget that it takes a man to fertilise a woman and a woman to birth a baby, the birth rate will fall off a cliff and the world will carry on with only those cultures that didn’t allow themselves to be so distracted.
Isn't critical gender theory that of people who are sceptical of the notion that gender and sex can be different?

As for pronouns and people whose identified gender and sex don't match that predates modern gender theory. Gender Dysphoria has been a recognised medical condition for decades and we had 'transexuals'. If someone had completed transitioning would you still refer to them as their old pronoun?

It's just there was been a widening of that to encompass the idea gender can be fluid - i.e multiple states other than the binary views - and more. I'll admit I don't really follow the theory that closely or understand it that well.

But the base idea that someone's view/expression of their gender can differ from their biological sex is much older.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote