View Single Post
Old 30-04-2022, 10:46   #10856
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think the proviso that you subscribe to them all at the same time is the only fair way of comparing costs.

Sky's entertainment content has been fragmented since Disney + started thereby increasing prices for those fans of Fox content.

The costs of Sky Entertainment (or Now TV entertainment pack) on its own have always been cheaper than Sky Entertainment & Disney Plus.

With the advent of HBO Plus in the future, costs for existing content are only likely to increase. There won't be consolidation between Comcast, Warner Brothers Discovery, Walt Disney, Amazon and Apple even if there is consolidation amongst other providers.
It's not appropriate to compare costs alone. You have to take into account the amount of content you watch from the streamers and the quality of that content (in terms of your personal choices). If you compare the costs of ALL the streamers when you might only need, say three of them, you are not getting the true cost to the individual.

It is obvious that the more good quality content that is available, the more it will cost. But that's not the same as saying the streamers are more expensive, particularly if you have the choice of what you subscribe to.

The same principle applies to the channels. You wouldn't count the cost of a Sky subscription with the premium channels included if you were not interested in watching sport or films.

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Indeed.

The type of user who goes from one streamer to another every month isn’t having a representative experience of a Sky/Virgin pay-tv subscriber before this revolution.

They are also undesirable for the streamer in any case. Imagine the losses if everyone did that.
I don't think many change their streamers every month, but I would imagine that those who vary their subscriptions stick with a streamer until they've seen what they want to see, and then change to another streamer. That change might come after several months or maybe over a couple of years, but that way you can see content from multiple streamers, but spread over a period of time. That represents very good value for money to me.

I think the Sky channels represent poor value for money in terms of their content.