View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 22:33   #1542
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: All those No.10 lockdown parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Cost of living crisis is mainly inflation + fuel, fuel again compounded not caused by Ukraine, but I will say that this Governments (and the Wests) misguided drive for Net-Zero has helped cause the fuel cost crisis. We should have been in full fracking production by now, opening up new North Sea oil & gas fields ( I think just one gas one has opened) and had several new nuclear in the pipeline.
The energy crisis could also have been helped if our country wasn't so short-sighted with nuclear energy. Net Zero is fine but it's the lack of investing in alternatives for decades that's making it worse. Nuclear energy generates a lot of energy cleanly and would make us more independent. It's why France can soften the blow more than we can as they have a national energy supplier who owns nuclear power plants.

Same as the NHS and Social Care which the Government let run close to the limit each winter leaving no slack at all for something like COVID.

I think the Government got quite a lot of key decisions right during a crisis but was left in a difficult position because of their previous decisions.