Thread: General Channel 4 to be privatised
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 13:25   #81
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Channel 4 to be privatised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I don't watch many programs on CH4 - just selected documentaries and the occasional series - they rarely have any sport on.

However, the same goes for BBC1, BBC2 and ITV.

I am certainly not left wing and woke - you really need to stop stereotyping people just because they have differing views from yourself
Sorry, it was just banter, but you’ve all taken it too seriously. You all like winding me up, so I thought I’d return the favour!

I’m sure we all watch Channel 4 from time to time, but I don’t get the impression it gets viewed by most on a very regular basis.

As I understand it, privatisation will enable C4 better access to finance so they can own their own material. Although the channel is currently self financing, the concern is that this income stream is reducing and cannot be relied on to fund the channel in the long term.

We all saw how close to the edge ITV got a few years back when advertising reduced. This forced ITV to look at other income streams, which they appear to have tapped into very nicely.