Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2022, 15:31   #410
RegularCapital
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media
RegularCapital is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
What could WBD’s merger for existing channels on Sky and VM? I could see the combined company’s Freeview channels like Quest staying on air, but repurposed as general-entertainment channels. Deadwood like TCM, Discovery History and Boomerang closing down. When BT and Eurosport merge, they’ll probably cut their linear presence from 6 channels to 4, with greater emphasis on discovery+ for sports entertainment.
TCM is WarnerMedia's most successful channel at the moment (according to BARB ratings). I can see Boomerang closing though, with it slowly winding down and with the content split between Cartoon Network and Cartoonito, and Cartoonito taking Boomerang's +1 and HD feeds. Cartoonito has higher ratings than Boomerang and Cartoon Network, it's the channel that has seen the most growth, and with more original content coming, the viewing ratings will increase.

Initially after the merger, I doubt we'll see the existing Discovery channels airing much WB content, as most of the UK rights for WB shows have been sold to the likes of Channel 4 and Sky.