Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2022, 20:57   #1503
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The scientists have cried wolf too many times and people now (the ones that have haven't been frightened into submission over the last two years) will just shrug their shoulders at news of another variant.
I think this is unfair and inaccurate really.

They were right that both the Alpha and Delta waves. Witty was even right back as the initial wave was declining that we would see another peak in December 2020. The Delta wave was worse than many on his forum were saying at the time as I remember it was being downplayed then as well.

It's really this latest wave that has thankfully not proven as bad as initially feared and I suspect we're in the endgame now as each new wave is less and less serious which is how we assumed this would end.

This has not been a fun couple of years. We've had two major waves of this virus and people seem to react to that in different ways, some people are understandably anxious when they see the numbers go up and others are understandably tired of the whole thing and want to move on. If you try to remember that people aren't being vindictive in their reaction it could help.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote