Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2022, 09:22   #139
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Will there still be a BBC1 SD channel available for the English reasons? Do we know where it will go?
Dual illumination (broadcasting both HD and SD versions) costs. I can't see it continuing on Cable, there's no need once the programming is the same and everyone on VM has HD-capable receivers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see changes to the Audio Description versions on 851/852, and 861-865 go HD too eventually. VM already use the same stream for BBC Scotland and Alba nationally, but use a different ID to point to that stream depending on your region, to implement the different channel numbers (my understanding of how it's done, feel free to correct those who know better).

Media Boy can probably remember, VM may have moved the SD regions to 860s range when Scotland/Wales/N Ireland regions went HD on 101 several years ago, rather than remove them immediately.