View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 23:33   #242
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: That No.10 Christmas Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe not. My point is, this will not matter at the next election. The electorate will be focussed on more important things, like who do they trust to run the economy.

If the opposition are hoping that all this fake surprise and gasping is going to prove more important than having a believable manifesto with Starmer in charge, they are in for a much bigger shock down the road.

By the way isn’t No 10 owned by the Crown and therefore exempt from these restrictions?
Do you need any polish for that tin ear of yours? Because it sounds to me like you’re trying to justify egregious breaches of emergency legislation at a time of national crisis, on a technicality that only a very few of the most privileged in society could have hoped to enjoy.

One minor indiscretion passes with the news cycle. However this Chinese water torture is designed (I use the term deliberately) not to be so easily dismissed. Starmer probably won’t win the next election, but that will be in part due to his opponent not being Boris. The ground is being laid for a leadership challenge, which will occur the very moment it would no longer look like Tories obsessing over themselves during a continuing crisis. Some time this summer I suspect.